At Hollydale we believe that every child should be able to develop their artistic talents through an integrated curriculum. During the school year pupils have the opportunity to develop their talents through weekly lessons and an annual art week.
In Art, Pupils in Key Stage 1 will be:
• investigating, recording and developing their ideas by collecting information putting them in their sketch books;
• learning to use different materials and tools (including ICT) to create their art work;
• adapt their own work after discussing, comparing and learning from their own and others work;
• learning more about the visual and tactile elements such as colour, line and shape and how to use them;
• looking at art, craft and design work from different times and cultures and use these to help in developing their work.
Pupils in Key Stage 2 will be:
• exploring and developing their ideas by drawing,
• collecting ideas and talking about them
• trying out and using a range of materials and tools for drawing, painting, collage, textiles, digital, media and printing;
• thinking and talking about their ideas so they can develop and change things if they want to;
• learning and trying to understand about colour, line, texture and shape by exploring them;
• exploring and talking about the work of other artists.
In Design and Technology, Pupils in Key Stage 1 will be:
• investigating things and saying how they work, what they do and what they are made of;
• planning what to make and be able to tell someone else about it;
• making things from their plans and be able to say what has or has not worked well and why;
• working with tools and equipment safely to measure and mark, cut and shape, join and combine and decorate and finish different materials;
• learning about how to use different materials and mechanisms.
Pupils in Keys Stage 2 will be:
• investigating and evaluating products to help generate ideas for their work;
• making detailed plans for their ideas showing what they want to achieve and how to do it;
• using their plans to make products, evaluating and adapting their ideas as they work;
• working with tools and equipment safely and accurately to measure and mark, cut and shape, join and combine and decorate and finish different materials;
• learning about how different materials and mechanisms can be used for a purpose.